Superfoods are essential to a healthy balanced lifestyle. But what exactly are they and why should you incorporate them into your diet?
We hear this word a lot - “Superfood.” But do you know exactly what a superfood is, and which foods earn this title? We’re here to break it down for you.
A superfood is typically a natural food that offers maximum nutritional benefits for minimal calories. They are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Superfoods help promote immune function which ultimately helps prevent various illnesses. Superfoods are associated with heart health, a strong immune system, lower cholesterol and reduced inflammation. Additionally, the nutrients they contain help overall energy levels and promote healthy hair, skin and nails.
So how can you incorporate them into your diet? Below is a list of some Superfoods you’re probably already including in your diet one way or another.
Berries- Acai, blueberries, Goji, Cranberries, Raspberries and Tart Cherries
• These berries are loaded with flavonoids which aid in heart health
Dark, Leafy Greens- Arugula, Kale, Collard Greens, Spinach, Beet Greens, Bok Choy
• Dark leafy greens are filled with Vitamins A, C and E as well as vitamin K
• Avocados are rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats
• Known to work as an anti-inflammatory and will help boost overall immunity
• Salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids which your body can’t produce on its own. These omega-3 fatty acids support heart health.
• Green Tea is high in antioxidants which help protect your cells from damage and promote overall health
• Turmeric is a potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory which has many overall health benefits.
These superfoods (and many others not listed) will provide many nutritional benefits. Interested in trying Superfoods but don’t know where to start? Check out the Naturity Organic Turmeric + Black Pepper supplement to jumpstart your Superfood journey.